Get Started in Web Development
Kick-start your career in a rapidly growing field – complete your degree or certification in Web Development with Seattle Central College. Once you meet the eligibility requirements, you can begin your Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree or short-term certificate program in any quarter. Here’s how to get started.
- Be eligible for Math 098 Intermediate Algebra and English 101 Composition.
- Complete the Prerequisite Courses with a 2.0 GPA or higher. Classes include ENG 106 Technical Writing, MAT 119 Math Behind IT, ITC 102 Information Systems Concepts (or pass final exam), BTM 111 Business Applications 1 (formerly MIC 101 Intro to Computer Applications) (or pass SAM challenge) and WEB 110 Web Authoring I.
Steps to Enroll
- Attend an Information Technology Information Session or contact the department for more information (optional).
- Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing and transcript evaluations to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Meet with an Advisor or IT’s Student Development specialist to create an education plan.