Degrees & Certificates
Certificate programs provide students with a set of skills to find a job or
stay current in a profession. Many certificates are designed to build on top of each other
eventually lead to a longer-term certificate or degree. These are called “stackable”
- Credits to complete: 62.0
- Estimated program length in quarters: Full Time - 4 | Part Time - 6
About the Program
Seattle Central College's Database Administration and Development four-quarter certificate program will train you for an in-demand career in technology. You will learn how to organize data, install database management software, create and secure databases and design database-driven applications.
Databases form the core of Business Information Systems and are crucial to most companies’ operations. In a small setting, one person might play several of the following roles, while in a larger company, several people might be assigned to each job.
- Database Administrators specialize in installing and maintaining the database, including physically implementing the database on the server, backing up the database, disaster management, database security and database troubleshooting.
- Database Designers create the overall structure of the database, often using specialized design tools. These specialists need to understand relational database principles and the client’s business model.
- Database Programmers develop the middle-tier programs that validate and transform data. They also develop the user interface for the database.
- System Administrators specialize in the connectivity between the data servers and other servers in a system.
11% expected growth in job opportunities for database administrators by 2024.
Learn more about this program’s Gainful Employment information (pdf).
Program lengths are estimates, not guarantees. For the most current program information, please check with the program contact.