Database Administration & Development - What You'll Learn
Designed with input from industry experts, the Database Administration & Development certificate from Seattle Central College will help prepare you for a career as a Database Administrator, Database Designer, Security Administrator, Systems Administrator and more.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Design and model relational databases, documenting database structures and rules
- Perform basic administrative functions such as using tools and SQL to maintain and retrieve data, and performing security administration to protect data integrity
- Development database with a variety current industry software applications, such as Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL, on a variety of operating system platforms like Microsoft Windows and Server
- Provide and support client interfaces for a database with a variety of programming languages in the .NET and open source languages.
- Identify and utilize sources of information to research technical specifications and solve technical problems.
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences using appropriate modes such as in-person presentation and electronic formats, incorporating relevant data from research and reports.
Learn more about course planning for the Database Administration & Development program.