Web Development - What You'll Learn
Seattle Central College's Web Development program was developed with input from industry experts to help students prepare for careers as webmasters, front-end developers and in other related fields.
As a Web Development student, you'll gain practical skills in interface design, coding, database management and testing/debugging. By working hands-on with a variety of programming and scripting languages throughout your coursework, you'll be well-prepared for rewarding web careers in a wide range of industries.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
Carry out project management skills related to web design such as:
- Gather data to identify customer requirements
- Define scope work, reviewing technical considerations and constraints of projects
- Select programming languages and tools
- Evaluate web technologies and standards
- Define security measures
Communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences using appropriate modes such as in-person presentation and electronic formats such as:
- Documenting application/website changes
- Preparing and presenting functional and technical specifications
- Evaluating and recommending web hardware, software and third party solutions
- Providing quality customer service
- Use team based collaboration tools like source control
Implement sites required of web developers through use of web technologies such as:
Learn more about course planning for the Web Development program.